Translation of colophon in Spanish:
- 1 (emblem)logotipo (masculine) (de una editorial)Example sentences
- Old colophons on school books sport two sorts of logo: oblong whorls, rococo scrolls - both in worn morocco.
- In his long commentary on that adage, Erasmus described the genesis and significance of the anchor and dolphin in the Aldine colophon.
- Caxton learned to print in Bruges, using Burgundian styles, texts, and machines, so the earliest English books have a Burgundian feel, most evident in typefaces, layouts, and colophons.
- 2 (inscription) [archaic]Example sentences
- Caxton's prefaces, colophons, and epilogues in particular are self-conscious about authorship, purpose, genre, sources, patronage, medium, and technique.
- Many books have colophons at the end giving the name of one or more scribes, and sometimes giving the names of patrons.
- He is named in the colophon as one of the publishers and Isaac is named on the title page as the printer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.