Translation of colored in Spanish:
- 1 [walls/blouse] de colorExample sentences
- He had blond hair and was wearing a light-coloured jacket, white trousers and black shoes.
- The answer is that it is a light-coloured animal with black stripes.
- It is preferable to have a white or light-coloured background.
- 2 (non-white) [dated or offensive/anticuado u ofensivo] de color [often offensive/puede resultar ofensivo]; (in S Africa) mulato, mestizoExample sentences
- Never again may white South Africans forget their coloured brothers and sisters, leaving them behind.
- The only time I ever saw him lose his temper was when a white beach official at St James yanked a small coloured boy out of the tidal pool and told him to get lost as the pool was for whites only.
- 3 (biased) parcialExample sentences
- His stories are highly coloured and immoderate, both sweet and sour.
- His generally lush and highly coloured realisations of the instrumental continuo adds further dramatic weight.
- Another highly colored phrase worked its way from my depths as I realized that such a mistake would not be easily repaired.
- 1( also Colored)(non-white) [dated or offensive/anticuado u ofensivo] persona (feminine) de color [often offensive/puede resultar ofensivo](Cape Colored)(in S Africa) mulato, (masculine, feminine), mestizo, (masculine, feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.