Translation of colored in Spanish:
de colorExample sentences
- He had blond hair and was wearing a light-coloured jacket, white trousers and black shoes.
- The answer is that it is a light-coloured animal with black stripes.
- It is preferable to have a white or light-coloured background.
- 2 (non-white) [dated or offensive]de color [often offensive]Example sentences
- Never again may white South Africans forget their coloured brothers and sisters, leaving them behind.
- The only time I ever saw him lose his temper was when a white beach official at St James yanked a small coloured boy out of the tidal pool and told him to get lost as the pool was for whites only.
- 3 (biased)Example sentences
- His stories are highly coloured and immoderate, both sweet and sour.
- His generally lush and highly coloured realisations of the instrumental continuo adds further dramatic weight.
- Another highly colored phrase worked its way from my depths as I realized that such a mistake would not be easily repaired.
- 1also: Colored(non-white) [dated or offensive]persona (feminine) de color [often offensive]also: Cape Colored(in S Africa)
mulato, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)
mestizo, (-za) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Indians and Zulus, Xhosas and coloureds, Anglos and Afrikaners are so geographically and economically integrated that they could not be parted without catastrophic consequences.
- Marriages took place between Indians and coloureds to allow Indians, who were prohibited from buying property in the suburb, to purchase plots.
- And these people called coloureds are probably more South African than anybody.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.