Translation of colorful in Spanish:
de colores muy vivos or vistosos(parade)
lleno de color or de colorido
(description)he's a very colorful character
- The local committee have asked you all to make a special effort over the next two weeks to have Newport looking clean and tidy, bright and colourful.
- The company produces hand-made chocolates in bright colourful wrapping.
- It is wacky and different, bright and colourful.
lleno de color or de coloridoes un hombre de lo más pintoresco or originalhe gave a rather colorful account of what had happeneddio una versión muy adornada de lo ocurridohe tends to use rather colorful languagetiende a usar un vocabulario un poco subido de tonoExample sentences
- I duly left school and became a typist in the Mines Department where I met some interesting and colourful characters.
- Along the way, he meets a long line of interesting and colourful characters.
- His lyrics are always childlike and unpretentious, evoking ridiculous pictures and colourful characters.
- I said a few colorful words in our language, making him laugh.
- My language was colourful and consisted of mostly four-letter words.
- He uttered a crude four-letter curse that would rival any sailor's colorful language, then tried to roll over again.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.