Translation of colorful in Spanish:
- 1.1 [cloth/clothes/plumage] de colores muy vivos or vistosos; [parade] lleno de color or de colorido, vistosoExample sentences1.2 [description] lleno de color or de colorido he's a very colorful character es un hombre de lo más pintoresco or original he gave a rather colorful account of what had happened dio una versión muy adornada de lo ocurrido he tends to use rather colorful language tiende a usar un vocabulario un poco subido de tono
- The local committee have asked you all to make a special effort over the next two weeks to have Newport looking clean and tidy, bright and colourful.
- The company produces hand-made chocolates in bright colourful wrapping.
- It is wacky and different, bright and colourful.
- I duly left school and became a typist in the Mines Department where I met some interesting and colourful characters.
- Along the way, he meets a long line of interesting and colourful characters.
- His lyrics are always childlike and unpretentious, evoking ridiculous pictures and colourful characters.
- I said a few colorful words in our language, making him laugh.
- My language was colourful and consisted of mostly four-letter words.
- He uttered a crude four-letter curse that would rival any sailor's colorful language, then tried to roll over again.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas