Translation of colorful in Spanish:
- 1.1(cloth/clothes/plumage)de colores muy vivos or vistosos(parade)lleno de color or de coloridoExample sentences1.2
(description)he's a very colorful characterlleno de color or de coloridohe gave a rather colorful account of what had happenedes un hombre de lo más pintoresco or originalhe tends to use rather colorful languagedio una versión muy adornada de lo ocurridotiende a usar un vocabulario un poco subido de tonoExample sentences
- The local committee have asked you all to make a special effort over the next two weeks to have Newport looking clean and tidy, bright and colourful.
- The company produces hand-made chocolates in bright colourful wrapping.
- It is wacky and different, bright and colourful.
- I duly left school and became a typist in the Mines Department where I met some interesting and colourful characters.
- Along the way, he meets a long line of interesting and colourful characters.
- His lyrics are always childlike and unpretentious, evoking ridiculous pictures and colourful characters.
- I said a few colorful words in our language, making him laugh.
- My language was colourful and consisted of mostly four-letter words.
- He uttered a crude four-letter curse that would rival any sailor's colorful language, then tried to roll over again.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.