Translation of colossus in Spanish:
noun plural -suses or -si
- (statue, giant)Example sentences
- We sit astride the globe like a mighty colossus.
- The Colossus was built by Chares of Lindus in 280 BCE to celebrate the Rhodian victory over the Macedonians and to thank the god Helios for protecting them.
- The Colossus of Rameses is an enormous statue carved in limestone.
- Though only a provincial leader, she is, in the words of a political commentator, ‘a colossus who dominates national politics’.
- One might have thought such an unlikely colossus of Australian political history would have encouraged a few level-headed intellectuals and journalists to write a serious biography.
- Brown's speech last week confirmed him as a political colossus.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.