- (operation) colostomía (f); (opening) ano (m) artificial, ano (m) contra natura (RPl)More example sentences
More example sentences
- A colostomy diverts stool into an appliance attached to the skin, thereby eliminating leakage of stool from the rectum.
- A colostomy involves diverting the route of the bowel through a hole in the abdomen, with a bag to collect the faeces.
- A long segment of sigmoid colon was resected, and a temporary colostomy was performed.
- The nurse gives dietary advice to minimise bowel problems and looks after the care of the colostomy opening on the abdominal wall, together with the health of the surrounding skin to which the colostomy bag is attached.
- The cavity is irrigated daily with mild antiseptic solution, and drainage from the tubes can be collected in a colostomy bag.
- The specialists even wanted to operate and give me a colostomy bag.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.