- (operation) colostomía (f); (opening) ano (m) artificial, ano (m) contra natura (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)More example sentences
More example sentences
- A colostomy diverts stool into an appliance attached to the skin, thereby eliminating leakage of stool from the rectum.
- A colostomy involves diverting the route of the bowel through a hole in the abdomen, with a bag to collect the faeces.
- A long segment of sigmoid colon was resected, and a temporary colostomy was performed.
- The nurse gives dietary advice to minimise bowel problems and looks after the care of the colostomy opening on the abdominal wall, together with the health of the surrounding skin to which the colostomy bag is attached.
- The cavity is irrigated daily with mild antiseptic solution, and drainage from the tubes can be collected in a colostomy bag.
- The specialists even wanted to operate and give me a colostomy bag.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that bable (or asturiano) is a variety of Castilian spoken in Asturias? It went into decline when the kingdom of Castile achieved political dominance and imposed Castilian on what became Spain. By the twentieth century it was confined to rural areas. With the revival of Spanish regional languages