Translation of colt in Spanish:
- 1.1 (young horse)Example sentences1.2
also: Colt®(gun)colt® (masculine)Example sentences1.3
- The total number of horses - 2,668 colts, 2,440 fillies, and two geldings - is 219 more than last year's previous record of 4,891.
- The card is highlighted by a pair of stakes of $75,000 stakes for older fillies and mares and for older colts and geldings.
- I thought her performance was excellent, better than anything she had achieved before, since she was taking on colts and older horses for the first time.
(British English) (Sport)junior (masculine and feminine)Example sentences
- The problem is found in discerning which Colts are black powder guns and which are smokeless.
- I always had the feeling the flintlock had a much slower lock time than the Colt cap and ball revolver.
- The sheriff had a shotgun in one hand and a Colt revolver in the other.
- Further proof of the success of the junior and colts hockey programme at Ben Rhydding Hockey Club is the selection of two boys for the North East of England.
- Both are products of the Ilkley mini, junior and colts sections.
- His proud dad- who now coaches Romford Hockey Club's colts team - said competing in the national championships would offer the whole team a great chance to shine in front of the watching England selectors.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.