Translation of column in Spanish:
- 1 (Architecture) Trajan's Columnla columna TrajanaNelson's Columnel monumento a Nelsoncolumn of mercurycolumna de mercurioExample sentences
- Inside, the handsome structure with cast iron columns and jack arches was cleaned and repaired.
- A coin of Augustus shows what is presumably a square superstructure, with arches on the two faces in view, pilasters or columns, and an entablature but no roof.
- Cardboard tubes acting as structural columns support the roof panels around the perimeter.
- 2 (on grid, chart, screen) first row down, second column alongprimera línea, segunda columnaExample sentences
- The editor provided a brief general introduction, a plain text in double columns per page, and a glossary at the end.
- One specific comment, though, is that you should change the color of the lettering in the left-hand column on the main page.
- In appearance it is very like a modern newspaper, though slightly worse printed, and with only five columns on the page.
- The base portions are disposed in a matrix arrangement having rows and columns.
- In this case, we should put at the intersections between the rows and columns the figures corresponding to the required initial levels of preceding themes or subjects.
- Carefully crafted summary reports, with columns of figures, spreadsheets, and graphs appended at the end, take time to digest and appreciate.
- 3 (Journalism, Printing) her name often appears in our columnssu nombre aparece con frecuencia en las columnas de nuestro periódicohe writes a column for 'The Globe'es columnista de 'The Globe'(before noun) hundreds of column inches have been written about the subjectel tema ha hecho correr ríos de tintaExample sentences
- He has been a sports journalist, writing a regular column for a newspaper and a magazine.
- Both rowers write regular newspaper columns and both are frequently contacted by the media for comment on a wide range of topics.
- Last year he devoted just three of his weekly syndicated newspaper columns to the subject.
- 4 (Military) a column of tanksuna columna de tanquesExample sentences
- Knowing she couldn't read it at the moment, she tucked the volume into one of her own saddlebags and spurred her borrowed mount ahead to keep up with the moving column.
- An assault jeep quickly zoomed ahead of the rest of the moving column, three gunmen disembarking and running forward.
- There are 500 kids within these walls, but it's calm and quiet even when columns of pupils move from one activity to another.
- The artillery and mounted horse holders remained in the center of the square between two additional columns of troops advancing on the formation's east and west flanks.
- Targets of opportunity, including a column of marching troops, were attacked.
- His portrayals always feature them as masses of men, either moving in columns or lying in exhausted heaps.
- Most assaults were directed against U.S. military convoys, columns, or checkpoints.
- The RAF attacked the retreating Turkish columns, and helped force the Turks back to the Jordan.
- The general commandeered the entire column and Cooper found himself deploying this massive force for action.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.