Translation of come down in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (descend) bajar 1.2 (reach) llegar* her hair came down to her waist el pelo le llegaba hasta or a la cintura 1.3 (collapse) [ceiling/wall] caerse*, venirse* abajo this building is due to come down next year van a demoler or derribar este edificio el año que viene 1.4 [plane] aterrizar*; (in accident) caer* the plane came down in the sea el avión cayó en el mar
- 2 (decrease) [price/temperature/pressure] bajar she's come down in my estimation ha bajado en mi estima they've come down in the world (se) han venido a menos
- 3 3.1 (from the north) venir* Jack's coming down for Christmas Jack va a venir a pasar la Navidad aquí 3.2 (from university) (British English/inglés británico) I came down in 1978 me licencié en 1978
- 4 (decide) to come down against/in favor of sth/sb [judge/court] fallar en contra/a favor de algo/algn the shareholders have come down in favor of the proposal los accionistas han resuelto aceptar la propuesta the arbitrator came down on the side of the union el árbitro falló a favor del sindicato she came down on her parents' side se puso de parte de sus padres
- 5 (from drug) bajar [slang/argot]
- 6 (be passed down, inherited) the ring came down to her from her mother heredó el anillo de su madre few works have come down to us from that period nos han llegado pocas obras de ese período
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.