Translation of comedy in Spanish:
noun plural -dies
- 1 countable (play, film) Shakespeare's comediescomedy of manners it was a comedy of errorslas comedias de Shakespearefue todo un saineteExample sentences
- It stuck to its well-tried popular repertory of melodramas, comedies, and musicals, though both theatres scheduled touring opera companies throughout the year.
- On stage he has played character roles in farces, pantomime, comedies and serious drama.
- Just as the Fool is the wisest character in Shakespeare's comedies, so he pretends to be dim when he's being pin sharp.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (Cinema, Literat, Theater) (genre) 2.2 (comic entertainment)(before noun) (show/program)de humorExample sentences2.3 (of situation, scene)
there's a lot of comedy in the booklo cómicoel libro tiene mucho humor or muchos momentos cómicosExample sentences
- Setting the play in the 1930s, she took her inspiration primarily from classical Hollywood screwball comedies and films noirs.
- I had already explored the documentary world at the limits of fiction, and, in fictional films, had explored comedies and thrillers.
- The film is a comedy, but rarely relies on outright gags for laughs.
- Because after all, a very serious subject like war was getting treated with comedy, as a sit-com, after all.
- He simply wrote himself into a corner, cranking up the tension and comedy of the situation to a peak he didn't have the imagination to surmount.
- Yet she clearly relishes creating comedy from situations which, on one level, are deeply tragic.
- He has sold short stories in a range of genres, including romantic comedy, science fiction, fantasy, and horror.
- Within the genre of romantic comedy, so many female leads spend entire films longing and pining for the ‘right one’.
- It respects the genre of romantic comedy while adding a unique flavor.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the