Translation of comfortable in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(chair/clothes)I'm not very comfortable in this chair/dress
cómodono estoy muy cómoda en esta silla/con este vestidoto make oneself comfortablemake yourself comfortable!¡ponte cómodo!he made himself comfortable in an armchairse acomodó or arrellanó en un sillónthe nurse came in to make him comfortablela enfermera vino a ponerlo cómodothe truth is not so comfortablela verdad no es tan agradableExample sentences1.2 (Medicine) she spent a comfortable night
pasó buena nocheExample sentences1.3 (at ease) (predicative) to feel comfortable with somebody
- In the rest of the world, all walkers need are a pair of good walking shoes, comfortable clothes and sufficient incentive.
- It is best experienced in comfortable shoes and clothes which are easy to remove and not too hot.
- She brought in some favorite furnishings, including a comfortable couch covered with snowy white fabric.
sentirse cómodo or a gusto con alguienchoose a subject you feel comfortable withelige un tema en el que te sientas seguroExample sentences
- All three, who come from Pickering, were suffering abdominal and lower back pains, but were comfortable and stable in hospital today.
- Fellow staff witnessed her telling doctors that seemingly comfortable patients were in pain, prompting them to prescribe morphine.
- It ensures the patient is comfortable, manages pain and may offer the patient some emotional support.
Example sentences1.4 (complacent)
- He could mix it physically in games if needed but he was most comfortable when given the space and capacity to show his full range of passes and sublime skills.
- He actually used the Cruz stance in 1999 when his bat felt slow, but he was not comfortable at first.
- You are immediately comfortable, and it is very easy to drive.
- She said she wanted to feel whether they'd be comfortable with each other.
- The cookies did look very good, but she wasn't comfortable enough to accept free cookies yet.
- The baby seemed to study Jane, and Jane was not comfortable under the steady, serious-looking gaze.
- 2 (financially)(income/pension)they're comfortable
buenoestán bien (de dinero)they enjoy a comfortable lifestyle
son gente acomodadallevan una vida desahogadaExample sentences
- The family, though not wealthy, was financially comfortable by Dominican standards.
- The inevitable growth of globalisation means that if we are to maintain our very comfortable standard of living we need to work smarter than others.
- I recently asked a skilled worker, who enjoys a fairly comfortable standard of living, how he would be affected by a prolonged layoff.
- 3Example sentences
- He had in the mean time found a wife for himself after settling in life with a comfortable income leaving his past far, far behind.
- These women do not have the skill to market their goods to generate a comfortable income.
- How do you plan to manage your assets during retirement so that you can generate a comfortable income?
- In the end the margin of victory was comfortable enough, but for the departing Bangladeshis, it was very much their day.
- When the money was counted the following day, the organisers realised that the total had exceeded £10,000 by a comfortable margin.
- They had demonstrated their talent and skills in their next four league fixtures which they had won with comfortable margins.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.