Translation of comic in Spanish:
- You are witty, have great comic timing and a fantastic accent.
- Grint's got fantastic comic timing and knows exactly how far to take it, often stealing a scene with nothing more than a look.
- It's a hilarious film full of gems of comic absurdity that are mixed in with nonchalant understatement.
- It may have been written in a comic style, but it's hardly the barrel of laughs the reviewers make it out to be.
- This is the theatrical ambition of every comic actor who dreams of going beyond comedy to tragedy.
- It is a unique mix of comedy characters and comic sketches spiced up by a team of the best oriental writers and performers.
- 1 (comedian)Example sentences
- Half of the work for a stand-up comic is actually the willingness to put yourself out there and give it a shot.
- As a stand-up comic, MacAulay has a rare gift - he can put his audience at ease and mercilessly ridicule them at the same time.
- My grandfather was a clergyman in the Church of England and he was one of the funniest stand-up comics I ever met.
- 2 2.1(book) comic (masculine)
libro (masculine) de historietas(magazine) comic (masculine)
revista (feminine) de historietas
tebeo (masculine) (Spain)
revista (feminine) de chistes (Río de la Plata)Example sentences2.2
also: comics plural(comic strips) (US)tiras (feminine plural) cómicashistorietas (feminine plural)monitos (masculine plural) (Andes) (Mexico)Example sentences
- Children shared books, comics and newspapers with a family member or friend to see how much literature they could get through in a week.
- Do I go for a long wander around London or do I stay in and finally sort out the piles of books, comics and magazines in the hallway?
- During the publication of the monthly comic, one issue in particular stands out.
- We loaded the car up with snacks, comics, some storybooks and a selection of toys in order to keep up Zachery's interest.
- He was not the caricature that cartoonists and comics had created.
- Transparencies were made of the cartoons and comics to share with students.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.