Translation of commandeer in Spanish:
- 1 (Military)(vehicle/building/supplies)
reclutar (por la fuerza)Example sentences
- It reopened to the public… after it was commandeered two years ago for a US military base.
- Chandler and his control team were commandeering juggernauts to block off the dock piers one at a time.
- These laws already give police sweeping powers to take control of services and commandeer buildings and equipment.
- So, after some plotting, the pair commandeer an ice cream truck and hit the road with granny chilling in the freezer.
- On January 8, 1880, a group of over 150 miners commandeered a train and forced the conductor to take them to Hawks Nest without pay.
- The second incident occurred on the same day when a vehicle was commandeered by a group of nine refugees who forced their way into the vehicle.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.