- 1.1 (officer in command) comandante (masculine and feminine)More example sentences1.2 (navy rank) capitán (masculine) de fragata
More example sentences
- They then appointed their own commanders in the police stations.
- His assessment of the violence was backed by the district police commander for North Belfast.
- The sergeant has taken over the role of section commander at Tidworth police station.
- Warren served in the navy for five years, and was described by his senior naval commanders as a superior able seaman.
- This contrasted sharply with the situation of the opposing commander, Admiral Villeneuve.
- Incidentally, this pattern was that worn by captains and commanders from 1832-1939.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.