- 1.1 (officer in command) comandante (masculine and feminine)More example sentences1.2 (navy rank) ≈ capitán (masculine) de fragata
More example sentences
- They then appointed their own commanders in the police stations.
- His assessment of the violence was backed by the district police commander for North Belfast.
- The sergeant has taken over the role of section commander at Tidworth police station.
- Warren served in the navy for five years, and was described by his senior naval commanders as a superior able seaman.
- This contrasted sharply with the situation of the opposing commander, Admiral Villeneuve.
- Incidentally, this pattern was that worn by captains and commanders from 1832-1939.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.