n (plural -ries)
- 1.1 [Radio] [Sport/Deporte] [Television/Televisión] (on event) comentarios (mpl), crónica (f) (before noun/delante del nombre) commentary box cabina (feminine) de prensaMore example sentences1.2 (analysis) comentario (masculine)
More example sentences
- John Motson has been a television football commentator for the BBC since 1971, and has recently started doing radio match commentaries for BBC Radio Five Live.
- He will also present other sports programmes for BBC London, fitting them into his schedule of commentaries for BBC Radio Five Live.
- Green has been providing his unique commentaries for Radio Five since it started in 1994 and will continue to do so.
- The commentary to both texts notes that significant harm need not be substantial but must be ‘more than trivial’.
- The Javanese system comprises thousands of Islamic boarding schools that have been set up to teach the core texts of Islam, along with critiques and commentaries on those texts.
- If only Brian Herbert would follow the example of Christopher Tolkien and publish the notes along with other commentaries.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.