Translation of commission in Spanish:
- 1 countable (group) government commission the European Commissionla Comisión Europea or de las Comunidades EuropeasExample sentences
- The commission, the inspection body for the health service, has undertaken only 15 such reviews nationally in nearly four years - none previously in Yorkshire.
- Minority community representatives should be included in all government-appointed educational bodies and commissions.
- The commission has the authority to summon anyone, including state officials without the approval of the president.
- 2 countable or uncountable (for sales) salesmen receive 5% commissionlos vendedores reciben el 5% de comisión or una comisión del 5%a basic salary plus commissionun sueldo base más (la) comisiónto sell something on commissionvender algo a comisión(before noun) commission chargeExample sentences
- If they sell on, a South African agent will charge a commission of 7 per cent.
- There is a commission charge of 1 per cent of value on each ATM transaction.
- Customers should not pay more than a 5 per cent charge on all pension contributions on a commission basis.
- 3 countable 3.1 (task, responsibility) 3.2 (for music, painting, building) she got a commission to design a hotelle encargaron el diseño de un hotelExample sentences
Example sentences3.3 (office)
- He moved to Paris in 1767, and after a couple of years had become so popular that he received regular commissions to write two or three operas a year for various theatres.
- Equipped with an English degree and a dossier of poetry, she used to move in circles with short-story writers and poets until she stumbled on a commission to write her first play.
- For her premiere commission, she ‘wrote what I knew about’, her experience of working in inner-city primary schools.
- The foundry was also responsible for many local commissions, including York's first gas lamps and the railings for St Leonard's Place.
- The renowned sculptor Bob Allen, famous for commissions at Canary Wharf and of the late Queen Mother, will launch the event on Saturday with a private preview.
- Later he worked as composer-in-residence at Glasgow's Tron Theatre, an invaluable experience as far as his later film commissions were concerned.
grado (masculine) de oficial(document)
nombramiento (masculine)Example sentences
- I may not have realised all the dreams and hopes I had in my youthful idealism, but I have Jesus and his commands and his commissions.
- Unfortunately, he got drunk after receiving the sacred instruments of his commission and fell asleep by the roadside.
- Before Murdoch sailed, Fisher, now the Australian prime minister, gave him an official commission to report on the progress of the Gallipoli campaign.
- I resigned my commission and joined the Army National Guard after retiring from a career in finance.
- He went from being a lieutenant in the Soviet ‘Red’ Army to earning a commission in the U.S. Air Force, and has never looked back.
- In 1969, he applied for Officer Candidate School and earned a commission as an Infantry officer.
- 4 uncountable (use) to be in/go into commissionestar/entrar en servicioto be out of commissionestar fuera de servicioto take something out of commissionretirar algo del servicioExample sentences
- The suspension was prompted by what the SCPO saw as a risk of presumed future commission of criminal offences.
- The Apex Court accepted the contention of the petitioners that mens rea is necessary for commission of offences under these Sections.
- Furthermore, the evidence relates to the actual commission of the offence, rather than to an admission to an already completed offence.
- 1 1.1to commission somebody to +
infinitive(artist/writer/researcher)we commissioned Victor to paint the portrait
encargarle a alguien que +
subjunctivele encargamos a Victor que pintara el retrato1.2Example sentences
- In the USA, a new US $5million production line was commissioned at the New Century Kansas facility.
- After a fruitless one-year search, I commissioned the design and production of smile pins.
- The sculpture was commissioned by O'Connor, formerly of North Cork and now resident in the UK.
- The Heytesbury Village Hall Development Group commissioned Michael Fowler architects to design the hall and nine houses.
- Miller commissioned the architect John Kinross to refurbish and extend his home in a manner appropriate to a member of the Edwardian nouveau riche.
- The former MP had commissioned William Chambers, George III's architectural tutor, and Capability Brown to rebuild his estate, Milton Abbey.
- 2 2.1 (Military)nombrar oficialcommissioned officeroficial (masculine and feminine) (del ejército) (con grado de teniente o superior a teniente)2.2 (Nautical)(ship)
poner en servicioExample sentences
- The other approach, he says, is to determine what systems or equipment should be fully commissioned based on the impact a failure can have on an organization and its reliability needs.
- Before the new equipment at Slade Lane is commissioned at Christmas, there will be more weekend closures later in the year to finish it, meaning further disruption.
- I accept the submission that a contributing factor to the need for extra training was the delay by the contractor in having all the equipment in place, commissioned and operating on time.
- He was commissioned into the US army just in time to see action in the final battles of the Mexican war.
- Brooke's poems were published in 1911, and after a year wandering in the North America and the South Seas, he was commissioned into the Royal Navy.
- In 1968, he was commissioned as an Infantry officer through ROTC after graduation from the University of Florida.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.