Translation of commissioner in Spanish:
- 1.1 (commission member)comisionado, (-da) (masculine, feminine)
miembro (masculine and feminine) de la comisiónExample sentences1.2 (of police)
- The traffic commissioner's office, once located in Talbot Road, Old Trafford, was moved to Yorkshire in 1997.
- I will be most interested to see what role the commissioners will be carrying out.
- The commissioner's role will be to receive and process complaints about judges, to identify those requiring a full investigation because they raise a question of removal of a judge.
inspector, (-tora) (masculine, feminine) jefeExample sentences1.3
(American English) (Sport)the Commissioner of Baseball
- The commissioner of London's Metropolitan police force says more than 30 per cent of robberies and muggings involve mobile phones.
- But since his wife, Desdemona, confesses straight away to the Metropolitan commissioner of police that she murdered her husband, there is not much in the way of narrative suspense.
- Britain's top policeman, the Metropolitan Police commissioner, has warned an attack in London is both imminent and inevitable.
presidente, (-ta) (masculine, feminine) (de una federación deportiva)el presidente de la federación de béisbolExample sentences
- He contends that in a misguided effort to promote baseball, the commissioner and owners have bent their sport out of shape.
- Then, on his way to his office at Milwaukee's County Stadium, the baseball commissioner stopped to do a family errand.
- Compared with commissioners in other pro sports who are hired by team owners, he has considerably more power in regard to competition.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.