- 1.1 (commission member) comisionado, (masculine, feminine), miembro (masculine and feminine) de la comisión EU Commissioner comisario, (masculine, feminine) de la UEMore example sentences1.2 (of police) (British English/inglés británico) inspector, (masculine, feminine) jefe
More example sentences1.3 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Sport/Deporte] presidente, (masculine, feminine) (de una federación deportiva) the Commissioner of Baseball el presidente de la federación de béisbol
- The traffic commissioner's office, once located in Talbot Road, Old Trafford, was moved to Yorkshire in 1997.
- I will be most interested to see what role the commissioners will be carrying out.
- The commissioner's role will be to receive and process complaints about judges, to identify those requiring a full investigation because they raise a question of removal of a judge.
More example sentences
- The commissioner of London's Metropolitan police force says more than 30 per cent of robberies and muggings involve mobile phones.
- But since his wife, Desdemona, confesses straight away to the Metropolitan commissioner of police that she murdered her husband, there is not much in the way of narrative suspense.
- Britain's top policeman, the Metropolitan Police commissioner, has warned an attack in London is both imminent and inevitable.
- He contends that in a misguided effort to promote baseball, the commissioner and owners have bent their sport out of shape.
- Then, on his way to his office at Milwaukee's County Stadium, the baseball commissioner stopped to do a family errand.
- Compared with commissioners in other pro sports who are hired by team owners, he has considerably more power in regard to competition.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.