Translation of commitment in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (responsibility)(obligation) obligación (feminine)a family is a major commitmentuna familia es una gran responsabilidadhe has no family commitmentsno tiene obligaciones or cargas familiaresI've taken on too many financial commitmentshe contraído demasiados compromisos financierosto meet one's commitmentshacer frente a sus ( or mis etc) compromisos or obligacionesthere's no commitment to join/buyno hay (ninguna) obligación or ningún compromiso de afiliarse/comprarExample sentences1.2 (engagement) 1.3 (guarantee, promise)
garantías (feminine plural)we are seeking a commitment that …queremos que se nos den garantías de que …
- They resist commitments - marriage, mortgages, careers or social engagements.
- They never fail to honour their commitments and obligations with generosity and a willingness to give of their time so freely.
- Injuries and work commitments restricted Town to jut 13 men and their lack of substitutes took its toll.
queremos que se nos garantice que …Example sentences
- We have made our commitments - the six pledges - and that's what we're fighting on.
- All the other commitments on that pledge card were about redistributing income, not about increasing it.
- Given that a commitment was given to under-take this work, why are we now back in the situation that no progress has been made on the matter?
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (to relationship) I'm not looking for commitment right nowno quiero una relación a largo plago por ahora2.2 (dedication)commitment (
tosomething)dedicación (feminine) or entrega (feminine) (he requires great commitment from his students aalgo)exige de sus alumnos verdadera dedicaciónExample sentences
- Throughout his working life, he brought qualities of loyalty and commitment to his profession.
- It is the quality of commitment, commitment to the service of others.
- What they are missing, though, are players who can bring both quality and commitment to the Newcastle cause.
- 3 uncountable (allocation) the government has increased its research commitmentel gobierno ha aumentado los fondos destinados a la investigación
- 4 uncountable → committal 1
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.