- 1 c 1.1 (responsibility) responsabilidad (f); (obligation) obligación (f) a family is a major commitment una familia es una gran responsabilidad he has no family commitments no tiene obligaciones or cargas familiares I've taken on too many financial commitments he contraído demasiados compromisos financieros to meet one's commitments hacer* frente a sus ( or mis etc) compromisos or obligaciones there's no commitment to join/buy no hay (ninguna) obligación or ningún compromiso de afiliarse/comprarMore example sentences1.2 (engagement) compromiso (m) 1.3 (guarantee, promise) garantías (fpl) we are seeking a commitment that … queremos que se nos den garantías de que …, queremos que se nos garantice que …
More example sentences
- They resist commitments - marriage, mortgages, careers or social engagements.
- They never fail to honour their commitments and obligations with generosity and a willingness to give of their time so freely.
- Injuries and work commitments restricted Town to jut 13 men and their lack of substitutes took its toll.
- We have made our commitments - the six pledges - and that's what we're fighting on.
- All the other commitments on that pledge card were about redistributing income, not about increasing it.
- Given that a commitment was given to under-take this work, why are we now back in the situation that no progress has been made on the matter?
- 2 u 2.1 (to relationship) I'm not looking for commitment right now no quiero una relación a largo plago por ahora 2.2 (dedication) commitment (
tosth) dedicación (f) or entrega (f)( aalgo) he requires great commitment from his students exige de sus alumnos verdadera dedicaciónMore example sentences
- Throughout his working life, he brought qualities of loyalty and commitment to his profession.
- It is the quality of commitment, commitment to the service of others.
- What they are missing, though, are players who can bring both quality and commitment to the Newcastle cause.
- 3 u (allocation) asignación (f) the government has increased its research commitment el gobierno ha aumentado los fondos destinados a la investigación
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Catalán is the language of Catalonia. Like Castilian, Catalan is a Romance language. Variants of it include mallorquín of the Balearic Islands and valenciano spoken in the autonomous region of Valencia.