Translation of commodore in Spanish:
- 1.1 (navy rank) (in UK) comodoro (masculine and feminine)Example sentences1.2 (of shipping line)[ oficial al mando de una flota mercante ]
Example sentences1.3 (of yacht club) presidente, (masculine, feminine)
- The highest-ranking female officer in the Royal Navy is a commodore.
- Among those attending were several former commodores and captains of the ship.
- In her time she was under the command of nine admirals and finally one commodore, and during royal tours was manned by 220 Yachtsmen, 21 officers, three season officers and a Royal Marines Band of 26.
- At Tilbury she picked up 53 first-class passengers before Captain Richard Griffith, a 46-year-old commodore of the Atlantic Line, headed her down the Channel at a steady 13 knots.
- With the full consent of the Board he continued to sail as Commodore until the end of the summer season of 1900.
- I am honoured by this appointment to Commodore of the fleet of the most famous shipping company in the world.
- He was the commodore of the yacht club - everyone called him The Commodore - but all the kids were scared to sail with him.
- Born and raised on a farm in Minnesota, she became an avid sailor on the state's many lakes, racing sailboats and eventually winding up as the first female commodore of her yacht club.
- ‘I know sailors all over the country and I believe they can be mobilized as a constituency for change in ocean policy,’ says Rockefeller, himself a former yacht club commodore.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the