Translation of communal in Spanish:
- 1.1 (shared) [land/ownership] comunal; [kitchen/bathroom] común 1.2 (in community) [life] comunitarioExample sentences1.3 (between groups) [riots] interno, intestino [formal]
- They strengthened and gave us pride in our communal bonds.
- This collection represents a communal plea for peace from those who have had little of it in their lives.
- But this is a communal achievement, one that shows us a side of Belfast we never normally see.
- Two people shared a room and the entire floor shared a communal bathroom and shower room.
- If the claim is in respect of defects in the common parts or communal areas of a block of flats, the claim must be made by the Management Company or in Scotland, the Factor.
- The wart viral infection is a common occurrence in communal bathing, spa or health club facilities.
- Contained in the impasse over the formation of a new government are the seeds of a descent into communal conflict and civil war.
- Fifty-five years of rule under the national bourgeoisie has created a cauldron of ethnic and communal strife, poverty and illiteracy.
- He argued that the attacks were not religiously motivated but designed to destabilize the country by creating communal conflicts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Browse other language resources
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...