Translation of communion in Spanish:
- 1 (Religion) 1.1 uncountable (Eucharist)also: CommunionHoly Communionto take Communionla Santa or Sagrada Comunión(before noun) communion cup communion rail communion service 1.2 countable (denomination)recibir la comunión or la eucaristíaExample sentences
- He courageously describes the discrimination and harm often visited upon one of Christianity's oldest communions - the Coptic Church.
- This document still serves as a primary point of reference for Anglican dialogue with other Christian communions.
- The advert says, ‘We are Christians, from different communions.’
- 2 uncountable (exchange of ideas, fellowship) [formal]Example sentences
- I am in exclusive intimate spiritual communion with each of my devotees.
- The sheer joy of that intimate communion with nature; the contented peace we discover on the banks of running waters - that's what it's really all about.
- Their imaginations are dominated by the ghosts of the past, in intimate communion with the shimmering world of the dead.
- This relation is not one of appropriation, possession, or passive representation of knowledge, but of communion and co-creative participation.
- Mutual participation or communion is an integral feature of Christian salvation.
- Making, breaking, and distributing bread carried profound connotations of friendship, communion, giving, sharing, justice.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the