Translation of community in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- 1 1.1 (people in a locality) comunidad (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (society at large) the community la comunidad community services servicios (masculine plural) comunitarios
- Isn't it your responsibility to ensure the community receives value for money?
- Historically, the family has been the basic social unit of the community.
- They taught the young ones how to behave, about values in the community.
- 2 2.1 (large grouping) comunidad (feminine), colectividad (feminine) the German community in Madrid la comunidad or colectividad or colonia alemana de Madrid the city's black community la población or comunidad negra de la ciudad 2.2 (people living together) comuna (feminine) a religious community una comunidad religiosaExample sentences2.3 [Ecology/Ecología] colonia (feminine)
- Once a year I spend a weekend at a Buddhist monastery populated by a community of monks and nuns.
- They wanted to build a closed community where they could practise polygamy away from prying eyes.
- Paula expended her inheritance on building and supporting the twin communities and led her community of women with sensitivity and humility.
- In the natural environment, however, plants grow in communities and it is under these conditions that the root proliferation response has evolved.
- The park's current flora is analyzed by habitat and four plant communities are described and discussed.
- The members of this family are relatively common in Carboniferous faunal communities.
- All of the doubts of the scientific and intelligence community were kept from the public.
- I know I've been a responsible member of the African-American, gay, and entertainment communities.
- These figures do not take into account a growing lesbian and gay Internet community.
- The party has perceived Britain as belonging to a community of nations with common interests and values.
- We do need a strong community of European nations where matters of common interest can be addressed.
- Being part of the community of nations carries with it certain responsibilities.
- 3 [Politics/Política] the community o the Community la Comunidad (Europea) (before noun/delante del nombre) [budget/law] comunitario
- 4 (mutuality) [formal] comunidad (feminine) community of goods/interest comunidad de bienes/interesesExample sentences
- His daughter may have been more outgoing but she shared his sense of community.
- It is hard to think of a local scene without a locus, to have a sense of community without a common sense of place.
- It was a celebration of community through shared storytelling and of the human ability to create art.
- There is a real community of interests here, if only both sides would see it.
- He understood that the country and Nazi Germany shared a community of aims.
- Under this part a group is a group that shares a distinct community of interest.
- It is religious belief, religious practice (ritual), and community of goods that holds them together.
- Property represented a problem for medieval economic thinkers because both scripture and natural law sanctioned the community of goods.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.