Translation of community charge in Spanish:
- uncountable (formerly in UK)impuesto (masculine) comunitario por capitaciónExample sentences
- Our council tax bills are set for their biggest increase since the tax replaced the infamous community charge eleven years ago.
- The council tax, which is despised almost as much as its predecessor the community charge or poll tax, remains, and the inequality of wealth and divisions in society continue at a pace.
- This equates to £148 per household per annum through taxes, National Insurance, community charge, consumer prices, etc.
Definition of community charge in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.