- 1.1 (small and neat) compactoExample sentences1.2 (tightly packed) [soil] compacto
Example sentences1.3 (concise) [style of writing] conciso
- It had to be compact enough to fit in the tight shelf space reserved for impulse buys at the supermarket.
- Be assured, this latest XJ is compact enough to fit into a normal-size garage, and can easily cope with the tight spaces of multi-storey car parks.
- The device would fit all sizes of pram or buggy, including three-wheelers, and was compact enough to fit into the overhead lockers on aeroplanes.
- Rugosa roses make up a dense, compact hedge at the end of the garden without distracting from the sea view.
- We snuggled together around the fire we had built, all together in a compact ball around the small flames.
- Therefore, the shell wall is not compact or dense and is, in fact, poorly defined.
- His writing is compact, there is description and dialogue here, but nothing extraneous to the plot, or plots, of which there are many.
- Those who wish to read an overview of cancer of the lung will find this concise and compact book very useful.
- Soon, we have witnessed a compact summary of the scientist's obsessive quest to develop a genetically modified human being.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/kəmˈpækt/
- 1 (container) (powder) compact polvera (feminine)