- 1 1.1 (associate, comrade) compañero, (masculine, feminine) a traveling/drinking companion un compañero de viaje/de copasMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (employee) dama (f) de compañía, señorita (f)/señora (f) de compañía
- This was also the opinion of many of my travelling companions, some of whom travel widely.
- Outside, sitting at a low table, were my travel companions.
- For the last hour or so I returned to the dance floor solo, where I had another chance to see how my various travelling companions were getting on.
- It was the work of Florence Nightingale and her companions in the Crimea that did more than anything else to establish female nursing as a respectable career.
- After having been told the names of their companions in this adventure, each filmmaker had to agree to work without any knowledge of what the others were doing.
- He was the man who started that long four-man break, and on the final climb he was the man who soloed away and left his struggling breakaway companions in the dust.
- 2 (accompanying item) compañero (m), pareja (f) (before noun/delante del nombre) companion volumelibro que acompaña o complementa a otroMore example sentences
- It is very well suited as a companion to a complete general textbook, especially the Robbins Pathologic Basis of Disease because of the page references.
- This volume is a companion to a soon-to-be-aired Public Broadcasting System film of the same name.
- It is safe to assume that the stories were written over much the same time period as the novel; they are now published as a companion to the paperback version of The Fortress Of Solitude.
- 4 (in titles) (in (United Kingdom/el Reino Unido) )grado más bajo en algunas órdenes de caballeríaMore example sentences
- A book like the Cambridge companion to Beethoven, whose positive qualities will guarantee it a place on the reference shelf, deserves better.
- For that reason alone, it is probably wise to take along a Thai companion, just to help with ordering, though I am sure it would be possible to stumble through without.
- Doubleday's Readers Companions are available for Whitfield's novels, Beeperless Remote and Something's Wrong With Your Scale and a companion guide will accompany his next release, Guys In Suits.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an