Translation of comparative in Spanish:
- 1 (relative) they live in comparative comfortviven con relativo bienestarshe faced the situation with comparative calm(le) hizo frente a la situación con relativa calmathey were comparative strangerseran prácticamente unos desconocidos
casi no se conocíanExample sentences
- Dan has also some very good posts up on US-China trade relations and the comparative efficiency of knowledge-based economies.
- This issue is given more specific attention below in relation to the comparative design.
- But we trust while no blame is cast on the heroes of the day, there will be no allusion to any attempt to estimate the comparative services of that day in the spirit of a dispute which has lately arisen about it.
- Studying comparative religion, he developed an interest in Christian Science and converted.
- We didn't go out and study comparative religion, right?
- He studied English and comparative religion at the West Sussex Institute, followed by teacher training and other postgraduate studies.
- (Linguistics)Example sentences
- There is much silliness abroad on the ‘logic’ governing the use of comparatives and superlatives.
- As Geoff points out in his book, the/li r/at the end of ‘nuclear’ isn't at all unfamiliar to or difficult for speakers of English: comparatives like pricklier are unproblematic and show no inclination towards being reshaped.
- But the trouble is, comparatives don't always need a ‘second part’ introduced by ‘than’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.