Translation of compare in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (make comparison between)(statement/figures)you can't compare cheap wine and champagne
compararel vino barato y el champán no se pueden compararto compare something/somebody
too withsomething/somebodycomparar algo/a alguienhe compared the handwriting with that on the envelope conalgo/alguiencomparó or cotejó la letra con la del sobreit's tiny compared to your housees pequeñísima comparada con tu casa or en comparación con tu casaExample sentences1.2 (liken)to compare something/somebody
- These estimates of intrusion times may be compared to estimates based on magma supply through dykes.
- The test was compared to one where similar cells were not exposed to such radio waves.
- The wine list, again, was cheap compared to uptown prices and so we settled for a bottle of Brouilly at just under thirty bucks.
tosomething/somebodycomparar algo/a alguienshe's been compared to Joan of Arc conor aalgo/alguiense la ha comparado con or a Juana de ArcoExample sentences
- You might think that this isn't a very good analogy, comparing prisons to a commercial passenger jet.
- I like to use the analogy of comparing a campaign to a car.
- We use things like analogies and say well compare it to how a flower grows, or find a comparison that is an every day common experience that makes sense.
- I liked his last book, but the new one just doesn't compareme gustó su último libro, pero el nuevo no se puede compararhow do the two models compare for speed?en cuanto a velocidad ¿qué diferencia hay entre los dos modelos?the prices compare pretty wellno hay mucha diferencia de precioto compare
withsomebody/somethingnothing compares with good home cookingla comida casera no se puede comparar con nadahow does this compare with her first novel?¿qué tal es esta, comparada con su primera novela?the sales figures compare with the best of previous yearslas cifras de venta son equiparables or comparables a las mejores de los años anterioresyour last essays compare favorably with your previous effortstus últimos trabajos están mejor que los anterioresit compares badly with other models in the same price rangedesmerece en comparación con otros modelos de precio similar
- [literary]beyond comparesin comparación
- Everything about him had been perfect beyond compare, and I had thought that if things were going to change, they were only going to get better.
- Year One is an action-adventure story without compare.
- Having lived there for nearly 30 years, I discovered a community spirit beyond compare.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.