- 1.1 (of bag, desk, refrigerator) compartimento (m), compartimiento (m)More example sentences1.2 (in train) (British English/inglés británico) [Railways/Ferrocarriles] compartimento (m), compartimiento (m)
More example sentences
- He found a large plastic container in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator containing what appeared to be frozen soup.
- The lower section even contains a compartment offering an additional five litres of storage space.
- Similar to an airplane meal in presentation, the food is served in various compartments of a square container that can be used for everything from a takeout lunch to a well-balanced supper.
- The teak-bodied carriage has two first-class compartments - one for smokers and the other for non-smokers - and two toilets.
- As the railway compartment became a popular venue for fictional mayhem when crime fiction flowered from the later Victorian years almost all cases involved men attacking men.
- For the time being, home was a railway compartment with a very hard bunk, in a train which made many inexplicable stops.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.