Translation of compartment in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of bag, desk, refrigerator) compartimento (masculine), compartimiento (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (in train) (British English/inglés británico) [Railways/Ferrocarriles] compartimento (masculine), compartimiento (masculine)
- He found a large plastic container in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator containing what appeared to be frozen soup.
- The lower section even contains a compartment offering an additional five litres of storage space.
- Similar to an airplane meal in presentation, the food is served in various compartments of a square container that can be used for everything from a takeout lunch to a well-balanced supper.
- The teak-bodied carriage has two first-class compartments - one for smokers and the other for non-smokers - and two toilets.
- As the railway compartment became a popular venue for fictional mayhem when crime fiction flowered from the later Victorian years almost all cases involved men attacking men.
- For the time being, home was a railway compartment with a very hard bunk, in a train which made many inexplicable stops.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.