Translation of compensation in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable or countable (recompense)compensation (
forsomething)indemnización (feminine) or compensación (feminine) (I received $20,000 as o in compensation for the damage poralgo)me dieron 20.000 dólares de indemnización or en compensación por los dañosI got a discount as compensation for the delayme hicieron un descuento como or en compensación por el retrasothat's small compensation for all my troublecon eso no se compensan todas las molestias que me he tomado1.2 uncountable (remuneration) (American English) (before noun) compensation packagepaquete (masculine) salarialExample sentences
- In terms of the victims' compensation, the Attorney and I have spent some time this week working on a new model to assist in compensation for the victims.
- Most companies say they use the funds for employee benefits or executive compensation.
- The illustration would show ISU employees their total compensation, salary plus benefits.
- The institution also provided compensation to employers for salaries paid to employees on sick leave after the first eight days.
- 2 uncountable (Psychology, Physiology)Example sentences
- The weightless comedy of quirkiness offers its own compensations.
- But there are abundant compensations for the loss in temporal immediacy.
- Alternatively or in addition, it could be that these people become involved as a compensation for being deprived, relative to their counterparts, of access to the rewards of the larger society.
- The principle of compensation is the key concept of Jungian psychodynamics, in that it is central to Jung's understanding of how the psyche adapts and develops in the course of the life cycle.
- Some deep psychological compensation for my ineradicable temperamental wimpiness is at work.
- Work devoid of opportunities for participation can lead to strain and escapist behaviour as compensation for the sense of helplessness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.