Translation of compensation in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable and countable (recompense) See examples:compensation (
forsomething)I received $20,000 as o in compensation for the damageindemnización (feminine) or compensación (feminine) ( poralgo)I got a discount as compensation for the delayme dieron 20.000 dólares de indemnización or en compensación por los dañosthat's small compensation for all my troubleme hicieron un descuento como or en compensación por el retraso1.2 uncountable (remuneration) (before noun) compensation packagecon eso no se compensan todas las molestias que me he tomadopaquete (masculine) salarialExample sentences
- In terms of the victims' compensation, the Attorney and I have spent some time this week working on a new model to assist in compensation for the victims.
- Most companies say they use the funds for employee benefits or executive compensation.
- The illustration would show ISU employees their total compensation, salary plus benefits.
- The institution also provided compensation to employers for salaries paid to employees on sick leave after the first eight days.
- 2 uncountable (Psychology, Physiology)Example sentences
- The weightless comedy of quirkiness offers its own compensations.
- But there are abundant compensations for the loss in temporal immediacy.
- Alternatively or in addition, it could be that these people become involved as a compensation for being deprived, relative to their counterparts, of access to the rewards of the larger society.
- The principle of compensation is the key concept of Jungian psychodynamics, in that it is central to Jung's understanding of how the psyche adapts and develops in the course of the life cycle.
- Some deep psychological compensation for my ineradicable temperamental wimpiness is at work.
- Work devoid of opportunities for participation can lead to strain and escapist behaviour as compensation for the sense of helplessness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than