Translation of competence in Spanish:
- 1.1 (ability) I don't doubt his competence as a teacher, but …a certain level of competence in Frenchno dudo de su competencia como profesor, pero …un cierto nivel (de conocimientos) de francésExample sentences1.2 (jurisdiction) (Law) to be within/beyond the competence of the court
ser/no ser (de la) competencia del tribunalExample sentences
- Some employees are enthusiastic about their supervisor's competence and skills.
- She had many friends and related openly and well to me, implying skills in social competence.
- In our experience, the competence and skills of traditional birth attendants may vary widely across settings.
- A court's competence to grant an anti-suit injunction seems to derive from its jurisdiction to adjudicate.
- But the courts have no competence to nullify, repeal or amend the legislation in question.
- The Assembly is given competence to exercise legislative authority in respect of those matters falling under the responsibility of the six Northern Ireland Government Departments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than