Translation of competence in Spanish:
- 1.1 (ability) competencia (feminine), capacidad (feminine) I don't doubt his competence as a teacher, but … no dudo de su competencia como profesor, pero … a certain level of competence in French un cierto nivel (de conocimientos) de francésExample sentences1.2 (jurisdiction) [Law/Derecho] competencia (feminine) to be within/beyond the competence of the court ser*/no ser* (de la) competencia del tribunal
- Some employees are enthusiastic about their supervisor's competence and skills.
- She had many friends and related openly and well to me, implying skills in social competence.
- In our experience, the competence and skills of traditional birth attendants may vary widely across settings.
- A court's competence to grant an anti-suit injunction seems to derive from its jurisdiction to adjudicate.
- But the courts have no competence to nullify, repeal or amend the legislation in question.
- The Assembly is given competence to exercise legislative authority in respect of those matters falling under the responsibility of the six Northern Ireland Government Departments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the