Translation of competition in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (competing) free competition (Econ)libre competenciafair/unfair competitioncompetencia leal/deslealto be in competition with somebody/somethingcompetir con alguien/algo1.2 (opposition)Example sentences
- The company works ruthlessly to destroy any competition before the competition even gets a chance to mount a challenge in the marketplace.
- Just be careful that you don't pan to the left or right to check out the competition.
- Some, outside Scottish football, underestimate the competition.
- In prehistoric times, natural disasters and competition with other species were the main causes.
- Plant and animal competition is most marked on fertile soils of eutrophic forests and grasslands.
- In the present study, small individuals of this species died in competition with large ones in field trials.
- 2 countable (contest) to enter a competitionpresentarse a un concurso or certamenExample sentences
- All team competitions were a round robin affair with each team playing the other once.
- There are levels of hospitality appropriate for different competitions and events.
- We all go to Sydney's events and competitions so she has all the support she needs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.