Translation of competitor in Spanish:
- 1 (contestant)(in competitive examination) opositor, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)
concursante (masculine or feminine)Example sentences
- It goes without saying that, for a golf event to be contested fairly, every competitor must play off the same tees.
- Competition rules state that competitors must be 15 or over because of the nature of the water.
- He said there was plenty of interest from competitors keen to participate in the games.
- 2 (rival) (Business)competidor, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)
rival (masculine or feminine)Example sentences
- ITV has one distinct selling point over most of its competitors in the commercial sector.
- Patents are often used by big companies to force competitors out of the market.
- A company could be right in the middle of its launch campaign when a competitor releases a rival product.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.