Translation of competitor in Spanish:
- 1.1 (contestant) participante (masculine and feminine), concursante (masculine and feminine); (in competitive examination) opositor, (masculine, feminine), concursante (masculine and feminine)Example sentences1.2 (rival) [Business/Comercio] competidor, (masculine, feminine), rival (masculine and feminine); [Sport/Deporte] contrincante (masculine and feminine), rival (masculine and feminine)
- It goes without saying that, for a golf event to be contested fairly, every competitor must play off the same tees.
- Competition rules state that competitors must be 15 or over because of the nature of the water.
- He said there was plenty of interest from competitors keen to participate in the games.
- ITV has one distinct selling point over most of its competitors in the commercial sector.
- Patents are often used by big companies to force competitors out of the market.
- A company could be right in the middle of its launch campaign when a competitor releases a rival product.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.