- 1.1 (statement of displeasure) queja (f), reclamo (m) (Latin America/América Latina) my main complaint was the food mi principal (motivo de) queja era la comida to make a complaint quejarse, reclamar to lodge a complaint presentar una queja, hacer* una reclamación or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) presentar un reclamo they have no cause/grounds for complaint no tienen motivo de quejaMore example sentences1.2 (ailment) dolencia (feminine) [formal], afección (feminine) [formal]
More example sentences
- She refused to say whether she has received complaints that firms are feasting at the city trough.
- I feel that because of the tremendous amount of complaints that they received last year they felt they had to do something.
- Some of the worst complaints that I received were about what was happening inside the interrogation rooms.
- Many diseases or medical conditions have vertigo as an associated complaint, Gantz notes.
- Iwan said that his uncle had a number of medical complaints such as hepatitis and diabetes.
- Minerva has long believed that stress can trigger skin complaints, although some dermatologists disagree.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.