- 1.1 (statement of displeasure) queja (f), reclamo (m) (Latin America/América Latina) my main complaint was the food mi principal (motivo de) queja era la comida to make a complaint quejarse, reclamar to lodge a complaint presentar una queja, hacer* una reclamación or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) presentar un reclamo they have no cause/grounds for complaint no tienen motivo de quejaMore example sentences1.2 (ailment) dolencia (feminine) [formal], afección (feminine) [formal]
More example sentences
- She refused to say whether she has received complaints that firms are feasting at the city trough.
- I feel that because of the tremendous amount of complaints that they received last year they felt they had to do something.
- Some of the worst complaints that I received were about what was happening inside the interrogation rooms.
- Many diseases or medical conditions have vertigo as an associated complaint, Gantz notes.
- Iwan said that his uncle had a number of medical complaints such as hepatitis and diabetes.
- Minerva has long believed that stress can trigger skin complaints, although some dermatologists disagree.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.