Translation of complete in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (entire)(set/edition)the complete and unabridged edition
completola edición completa or íntegrathe kit comes complete with tools and instructionsel kit viene con las herramientas e instrucciones incluidashe came dressed as a woodman, complete with axevino vestido de leñador, con hacha y todoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (finished)
- It is not necessary to produce a complete list, or a closer analysis here.
- Elements of each of those explanations may well be necessary components of a complete picture, but they are insufficient.
- Finally, I added a complete list of archived postings by category.
terminadowhen will the report be complete?
- The entire community is not complete without those with disabilities.
- After two complete bars, the entire band returns, now dearly playing in compound meter.
- If you invest before July, it should be able to run for its complete term and you should get the full benefit.
concluido¿cuándo estará terminado or listo el informe?Example sentences
- It is quite a relief to have it finished and complete - it's been on my mind since April.
- The blasting and rock removal scheduled to be complete was not finished.
- With digital media such work can even look finished and complete.
- 2 (thorough, absolute) (as intensifier) it was a complete disaster/failurefue un desastre/fracaso totalI made a complete fool of myself
fue un absoluto desastre/fracasoquedé como un verdadero idiotait came as a complete surprisefue una auténtica or verdadera sorpresaa complete waste of timeuna pérdida de tiempo total y absolutaExample sentences
- The other is the complete lack of finesse necessary to drive it.
- Here we were looking at the blazing sunshine of the entire weekend, a complete contrast to our present weather.
- A single wasp brought an entire factory to a complete standstill after it was spotted on top of a forklift truck.
- 1.1 (finish)(sentence)when we have completed our investigations …
cumplircuando hayamos completado or concluido nuestras investigaciones …Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (make whole)
- After the finish, crews completed a 23 km road section to the start of SS11.
- Davenport completed the finishing and other details on the metalwork.
- Students who successfully complete this course receive continuing education units from the University of Maryland University College.
(set/collection)let me complete the picture
- The success of the second golf classic has provided adequate funds to complete this year's tasks.
- The only difference being that the lead carries on above your head and in fact completes a full arc.
- That is to say, randori provides the means to complete a painted dragon by filling in the eyes.
completardeja que te termine de describir la situación1.3 (fill in) [formal]Example sentences
- Participants completed a short written questionnaire at the surgery.
- Visitors are required to complete long questionnaires before being issued with an identity card.
- Please complete the enclosed questionnaire as this will enable us to take account of the needs of your club in the plan.
- (in house purchases)(British English)(formalizar el contrato de compraventa)Example sentences
- As it turns out I have a buyer for my property who wants to complete immediately instead of January as planned.
- It stated that a copy of the agreement and side letter had been sent to the Claimant and that she would be able to complete when she had them back duly signed by the Claimant.
- The tenant is given a certain time in which to complete.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.