- 1.1 (flattering) [remark/review/article] elogioso, halagüeño I asked what he thought of you and he was very complimentary le pregunté qué pensaba de ti y fue muy elogioso she wasn't very complimentary about her teacher no habló muy bien de su profesoraMore example sentences1.2 (free) [copy] de obsequio or regalo complimentary ticket invitación (f) all drinks on board are complimentary el servicio de bar a bordo es gratuito or es cortesía de la empresa
More example sentences
- Even the odd complimentary remark can annoy me a little.
- We have received some very complimentary remarks from our customers about the facilities and the services we offer.
- Except for complimentary remarks about the food, little was said during the meal.
- You will get a complimentary bottle of California wine and your service charge is waived in the Traveler.
- At most, I could get a complimentary bottle of wine, but inspiration came free, he said.
- Each sponsor will be proved with two complimentary tickets for the show, valued at €10 each.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.