Translation of compost in Spanish:
- abono (masculine) orgánico or vegetal, compost (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) compost heap o (American English/inglés norteamericano) pile[ lugar donde se amontonan desechos para preparar abono ]Example sentences
- Mulch with an organic material such as compost or alfalfa hay.
- Amend soil regularly with compost and apply organic mulches continually to enrich your soil.
- There is no fertilizer better than compost, and you can make it yourself for free!
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (make into compost) [grass] convertir* en abono 1.2 (fertilize with compost) [garden] abonar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas