- abono (masculine) orgánico or vegetal, compost (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) compost heap o (American English/inglés norteamericano) pile[ lugar donde se amontonan desechos para preparar abono ]More example sentences
- Mulch with an organic material such as compost or alfalfa hay.
- Amend soil regularly with compost and apply organic mulches continually to enrich your soil.
- There is no fertilizer better than compost, and you can make it yourself for free!
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (make into compost) [grass] convertir* en abono 1.2 (fertilize with compost) [garden] abonar
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.