Translation of compost in Spanish:
- (before noun) compost heap o (American English) pileabono (masculine) orgánico or vegetalcompost (masculine)(lugar donde se amontonan desechos para preparar abono)Example sentences
- Mulch with an organic material such as compost or alfalfa hay.
- Amend soil regularly with compost and apply organic mulches continually to enrich your soil.
- There is no fertilizer better than compost, and you can make it yourself for free!
- 1.1 (make into compost)(grass)1.2 (fertilize with compost)convertir en abono(garden)Example sentences
- When planting tulip or daffodil bulbs in a formal display it pays to make sure that the soil has been well composted and forked over beforehand.
- They like shade and composted soil and plenty of water.
- He saw how well the tomatoes flourished in that dark composted soil.
- You can compost fruits, vegetables, tea bags and coffee grounds, as well as leaf and yard waste.
- During the composting season, check your bin regularly to assure optimum moisture and aeration are present in the material being composted.
- At this time of year it's also important to regularly remove dead flowers and leaves from plants and then compost this material for later return of the nutrients to the beds.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.