Translation of compost in Spanish:
- abono (masculine) orgánico or vegetal, compost (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) compost heap o (American English/inglés norteamericano) pile[ lugar donde se amontonan desechos para preparar abono ]Example sentences
- Mulch with an organic material such as compost or alfalfa hay.
- Amend soil regularly with compost and apply organic mulches continually to enrich your soil.
- There is no fertilizer better than compost, and you can make it yourself for free!
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (make into compost) [grass] convertir* en abono 1.2 (fertilize with compost) [garden] abonar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.