transitive verb/verbo transitivo/kəmˈpres/
- 1.1 (reduce) comprimir; [text] condensarto compress sth
intosth it is compressed into solid blocks se comprime hasta formar bloques compactos he compressed the speech into a short article escribió un breve artículo en el que se condensaba el discursoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [Computing/Informática] comprimir
- They can be compressed into nine critical questions.
- Often, large files are compressed to reduce downloading time.
- The files are automatically compressed so they're small enough to send via email.
- Without a second thought, you'd probably compress the file and send it off.
- compresa (feminine) hot/cold compress compresa caliente/fría
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.