Translation of compress in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/kəmˈpres/
- 1.1 (reduce) comprimir; [text] condensarto compress sth
intosth it is compressed into solid blocks se comprime hasta formar bloques compactos he compressed the speech into a short article escribió un breve artículo en el que se condensaba el discursoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 [Computing/Informática] comprimir
- They can be compressed into nine critical questions.
- Often, large files are compressed to reduce downloading time.
- The files are automatically compressed so they're small enough to send via email.
- Without a second thought, you'd probably compress the file and send it off.
- compresa (feminine) hot/cold compress compresa caliente/fría
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.