transitive verb/verbo transitivo/kəmˈpres/
- 1.1 (reduce) comprimir; [text] condensarto compress sth
intosth it is compressed into solid blocks se comprime hasta formar bloques compactos he compressed the speech into a short article escribió un breve artículo en el que se condensaba el discursoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [Computing/Informática] comprimir
- They can be compressed into nine critical questions.
- Often, large files are compressed to reduce downloading time.
- The files are automatically compressed so they're small enough to send via email.
- Without a second thought, you'd probably compress the file and send it off.
- compresa (feminine) hot/cold compress compresa caliente/fría
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.