Translation of compress in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /kəmˈprɛs/ British English: /kəmˈprɛs/
comprimir(text)to compress something
intosomethingit is compressed into solid blocksse comprime hasta formar bloques compactoshe compressed the speech into a short articleescribió un breve artículo en el que se condensaba el discursoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (Computing)
- They can be compressed into nine critical questions.
- Often, large files are compressed to reduce downloading time.
- The files are automatically compressed so they're small enough to send via email.
- Without a second thought, you'd probably compress the file and send it off.
nounAmerican English: /ˈkɑmˌprɛs/ British English: /ˈkɒmprɛs/
- hot/cold compresscompresa caliente/fríaExample sentences
- Symptoms increased with warmth and were relieved partially with cold compresses.
- If stung by a fire ant, the first recommended step is to apply a cold compress to relieve the swelling and pain.
- She pressed the cold compress to the spot where she hit her head.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.