transitive verb/verbo transitivo/kəmˈpres/
- 1.1 (reduce) comprimir; [text] condensarto compress sth
intosth it is compressed into solid blocks se comprime hasta formar bloques compactos he compressed the speech into a short article escribió un breve artículo en el que se condensaba el discursoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [Computing/Informática] comprimir
- They can be compressed into nine critical questions.
- Often, large files are compressed to reduce downloading time.
- The files are automatically compressed so they're small enough to send via email.
- Without a second thought, you'd probably compress the file and send it off.
- compresa (feminine) hot/cold compress compresa caliente/fría
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.