Translation of comprise in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (consist of) comprender, constar deExample sentences1.2 (constitute, make up) componer* to be comprised
- The new board will comprise twelve members, including four worker directors.
- The trust was to comprise five people including his chartered accountant.
- The remainder of the unit comprises warehouse accommodation and includes a roller shutter door.
ofsth componerse* dealgo, estar* compuesto dealgoExample sentences
- They can even claim the finished item to be so different it comprises a whole new record.
- This was because the missed cases were not typical of the cohort as a whole but comprised a subset with a lower life expectancy.
- A dog is not the same animal as a cat just because both species are comprised of different breeds.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.