- 1.1 (consist of) comprender, constar deMore example sentences1.2 (constitute, make up) componer* to be comprised
- The new board will comprise twelve members, including four worker directors.
- The trust was to comprise five people including his chartered accountant.
- The remainder of the unit comprises warehouse accommodation and includes a roller shutter door.
ofsth componerse* dealgo, estar* compuesto dealgoMore example sentences
- They can even claim the finished item to be so different it comprises a whole new record.
- This was because the missed cases were not typical of the cohort as a whole but comprised a subset with a lower life expectancy.
- A dog is not the same animal as a cat just because both species are comprised of different breeds.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.