- 1.1 (consist of) comprender, constar deMore example sentences1.2 (constitute, make up) componer* to be comprised
- The new board will comprise twelve members, including four worker directors.
- The trust was to comprise five people including his chartered accountant.
- The remainder of the unit comprises warehouse accommodation and includes a roller shutter door.
ofsth componerse* dealgo, estar* compuesto dealgoMore example sentences
- They can even claim the finished item to be so different it comprises a whole new record.
- This was because the missed cases were not typical of the cohort as a whole but comprised a subset with a lower life expectancy.
- A dog is not the same animal as a cat just because both species are comprised of different breeds.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.