Translation of comrade in Spanish:
- 1.1 (friend, fellow member)comrade in armscompañero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (as form of address) (Politics) (to man)
(to woman)compañeraExample sentences
- It is but a matter of time before many more of our fellow Army Reserve comrades-in-arms will be called to replace and augment those who have already answered the call.
- Tattoos in the civil wars symbolized allegiance to military commanders and comrades-in-arms rather than to the local community.
- The soldier and his comrades-in-arms moved deeper into enemy territory, encapsulated in their tank.
- The characters are old college comrades who have been there for each other through everything - or so they thought.
- Since those heady days, the trade union has seen a sharp decline in popularity and membership as well as bitter divisions among former friends and comrades.
- The AGM commenced with a minute's silence as a mark of respect to former members, family members and comrades who had passed away during the previous year.
- Long before the revolution, he knew what he would do with those of his socialist comrades who opposed him.
- A very important privilege, comrades, has been taken away from you.
- So, ignore the demands of the tax collectors and steel yourselves against the pleas of the children for new shoes, comrades.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.