Translation of concede in Spanish:
- 1.1 (admit)(failure/inability/superiority)to concede defeatthat's true, he concededadmitir la derrota—eso es cierto —reconoció or admitióExample sentences1.2 (allow)
(right/privilege)to concede something
- When the allegations were put to McKellar, he denied them while conceding that complaints had been made.
- The Liberal Democrats have already conceded that they cannot deny him a further term in office.
- This is clear to see on page 41 of the originating judgment where the trial judge relied on that alibi which Mr Smith now concedes is not true.
tosomebodyhe conceded the point to the chairmanconcederle algo aalguienle concedió la razón al presidenteExample sentences1.3 (give away)
(game/penalty)they conceded an early goalconcedieron un gol en los primeros minutos del partidoExample sentences
- The Sikhs had to agitate for nearly 15 years until their demand was conceded in 1966.
- But the biggest present was a letter on the fax from Jack McConnell conceding her demand for an independent inquiry into the shambles of the Holyrood building.
- If Cork demands are conceded, and other counties follow suit, then it would be reasonable to suggest that there will be many players constantly taking time off to train and play.
- Not all periods of the game are of equal tactical significance, and the ability to play through the dying minutes without panic, and without conceding possession and position is a vital one.
- But Anderlecht were an increasing danger, going forward down both flanks and profiting from Liverpool conceding possession.
- The home keeper showed immense bravery in just 4 minutes when he dived at the feet of Andy Clark after Derek Clark had carelessly conceded possession.
- The situation at the break, 1-0 ahead, was familiar to Kendal but in their three previous matches they had failed to score, conceded goals and lost.
- A strong defensive partnership between Ellie Hargreaves and Annabel Graham at the back prevented any goals being conceded during the morning.
- While they don't concede goals frivolously, getting the ball in the net has become something of a luxury.
- (admit defeat)admitir la derrota(Sport)Example sentences
- Senate Majority Leader John Hottinger conceded defeat to Governor Tim Pawlenty this afternoon.
- As much as I hated to concede defeat, I opened the door and asked, ‘Anyone have any ideas?’
- Milosevic lost the elections, but even two weeks later, he still refused to concede defeat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than