- 1 1.1 (devise) [scheme/plan/book/idea] concebir* a brilliantly conceived plan un plan muy bien concebido or de magnífica concepciónMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (imagine) imaginar, pensar*; (consider) considerar they conceived it to be their responsibility consideraron que era su responsabilidad I can't conceive why you allowed him to use your car no concibo or no me cabe en la cabeza por qué le prestaste el coche
- MK and AB conceived the idea, devised the protocol, and obtained funding for the study.
- It was the masons who originally conceived the idea of a tightly-knit religious-intellectual sect, existing within yet apart from mainstream society.
- They offer two brilliantly conceived plans to restore sound money to our economies and our lives.
- One may conceive of individual representations while abstracting from those physical repercussions which accompany them or follow them, but do not constitute them.
- At its best, his show celebrates the capacity of our imagination to conceive of, then rationalise, the ridiculous.
- It doesn't take a great stretch of the imagination to conceive of who ‘such people’ are.
- 2 (develop) she conceived a passion for opera le entró pasión por la ópera she conceived an instant antipathy for him le tomó or (esp Esp) le cogió antipatía de inmediato
- 3 [child] concebir*More example sentences
- If a couple conceives several embryos in vitro, one without the disease-carrying gene can be chosen and implanted in the mother's womb.
- It may act as such, by suppressing ovulation, but it also works by making the lining of the womb hostile to the newly conceived embryo.
- A naturally conceived fetus in a family with a genetic disorder such as thalassemia has less than a 20 percent chance of being disease free and immunity matched.
- (become pregnant) concebir*More example sentences
- Being on the contraceptive pill does not reduce the chances of becoming pregnant later, and most women do conceive from one month to one year or so after discarding contraceptives, she says.
- Keep in mind that while women are pregnant, that's approximately 9 months that women cannot conceive and bear another child.
- It was also noted that a few women conceived after 5 unsuccessful months of treatment.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.