Translation of conceive in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (devise)(scheme/plan/book/idea)a brilliantly conceived planun plan muy bien concebido or de magnífica concepciónExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (imagine)
- MK and AB conceived the idea, devised the protocol, and obtained funding for the study.
- It was the masons who originally conceived the idea of a tightly-knit religious-intellectual sect, existing within yet apart from mainstream society.
- They offer two brilliantly conceived plans to restore sound money to our economies and our lives.
(consider)they conceived it to be their responsibilityI can't conceive why you allowed him to use your carconsideraron que era su responsabilidadno concibo or no me cabe en la cabeza por qué le prestaste el coche
- One may conceive of individual representations while abstracting from those physical repercussions which accompany them or follow them, but do not constitute them.
- At its best, his show celebrates the capacity of our imagination to conceive of, then rationalise, the ridiculous.
- It doesn't take a great stretch of the imagination to conceive of who ‘such people’ are.
- 2 (develop) See examples: she conceived a passion for operashe conceived an instant antipathy for himle entró pasión por la óperale tomó or (especially Spain) le cogió antipatía de inmediato
- 3(child)Example sentences
- If a couple conceives several embryos in vitro, one without the disease-carrying gene can be chosen and implanted in the mother's womb.
- It may act as such, by suppressing ovulation, but it also works by making the lining of the womb hostile to the newly conceived embryo.
- A naturally conceived fetus in a family with a genetic disorder such as thalassemia has less than a 20 percent chance of being disease free and immunity matched.
- (become pregnant)Example sentences
- Being on the contraceptive pill does not reduce the chances of becoming pregnant later, and most women do conceive from one month to one year or so after discarding contraceptives, she says.
- Keep in mind that while women are pregnant, that's approximately 9 months that women cannot conceive and bear another child.
- It was also noted that a few women conceived after 5 unsuccessful months of treatment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.