Translation of conceive in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (devise)(scheme/plan/book/idea)a brilliantly conceived plan
concebirun plan muy bien concebido or de magnífica concepciónExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (imagine)
- MK and AB conceived the idea, devised the protocol, and obtained funding for the study.
- It was the masons who originally conceived the idea of a tightly-knit religious-intellectual sect, existing within yet apart from mainstream society.
- They offer two brilliantly conceived plans to restore sound money to our economies and our lives.
(consider) considerarthey conceived it to be their responsibilityconsideraron que era su responsabilidadI can't conceive why you allowed him to use your carno concibo or no me cabe en la cabeza por qué le prestaste el coche
- One may conceive of individual representations while abstracting from those physical repercussions which accompany them or follow them, but do not constitute them.
- At its best, his show celebrates the capacity of our imagination to conceive of, then rationalise, the ridiculous.
- It doesn't take a great stretch of the imagination to conceive of who ‘such people’ are.
- 2 (develop) she conceived a passion for operale entró pasión por la óperashe conceived an instant antipathy for himle tomó or (esp (Spain) ) le cogió antipatía de inmediato
- If a couple conceives several embryos in vitro, one without the disease-carrying gene can be chosen and implanted in the mother's womb.
- It may act as such, by suppressing ovulation, but it also works by making the lining of the womb hostile to the newly conceived embryo.
- A naturally conceived fetus in a family with a genetic disorder such as thalassemia has less than a 20 percent chance of being disease free and immunity matched.
- (become pregnant)Example sentences
- Being on the contraceptive pill does not reduce the chances of becoming pregnant later, and most women do conceive from one month to one year or so after discarding contraceptives, she says.
- Keep in mind that while women are pregnant, that's approximately 9 months that women cannot conceive and bear another child.
- It was also noted that a few women conceived after 5 unsuccessful months of treatment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.