Translation of concoction in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable (food, drink) I'm not eating/drinking that concoction [pejorative]yo no me como ese mejunje/bebo ese brebaje [pejorative]one of Pierre's delicious concoctionsuna de las exquisitas creaciones de PierreExample sentences
- In so doing, the group sounds like the sort that practices deep in the Appalachians, brewing strange concoctions that evoke the Other so easily - both exotic and primitive.
- The New Yorkers said that, while it was first thought the attacks relied on high end military grade explosives, they later proved to be homemade concoctions made of mundane ingredients.
- The two concoctions were viable elements for either permanent brain damage or death.
- 2 uncountable (of story, excuse)Example sentences
- ‘It's really getting to be a series of concoctions and fabrication,’ Estrada's chief of staff said in reaction to the report in The Nation.
- But I will put my trust in the American system, where fabrication and concoction may work for awhile, but sooner or later the calumny is exposed.
- Or maybe the story about Seagal was a concoction to start with, and he won't be needing to peruse The Echo's real estate classifieds.
- Designer Sergio Ciucci served his body-hugging concoctions mostly in black leather, while he also cut jackets and coats into black pony skin and delivered noteworthy fur numbers with side bands.
- Maud Martha's refusal to purchase the millinery concoction, even at a substantially discounted price, reaffirms her sense of self.
- He did not see the man, belted in a gothic concoction of black and crimson, as he dived gracefully from the rooftop above.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.