- 1 1.1 (sentence) condenar he was condemned to death lo condenaron or fue condenado a muerte they were condemned to a life of poverty estaban condenados a vivir en la miseria the condemned cell la celda de los condenados a muerte the condemned man el condenado a muerte 1.2 (censure) condenarMore example sentences
- Needless to say, Rampersad was roundly condemned and his plan is probably gathering dust somewhere in the archives.
- Campaigners have condemned the Government's plans, with non-food pubs exempt from restrictions, as ‘half measures’.
- All such diabolic, yet cowardly actions must be severely condemned, censured and deterred with steeled resolve and equally resolute counteraction.
- 2 2.1 (declare unusable) [building] declarar ruinoso; [meat/food product] declarar no apto para el consumo 2.2 (in US: convert to public use) [building] expropiar (por causa de utilidad pública)More example sentences
- The bridge was immediately closed, and a second opinion sought before it was officially condemned.
- After a month of operations, only two of the eight original aircraft were still operational, and even they were eventually condemned as unfit for service.
- In their opinion, the justices noted that state legislatures are free to pass laws that bar officials from condemning property for private development.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.