Translation of condemn in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (sentence) he was condemned to deathlo condenaron or fue condenado a muertethey were condemned to a life of povertyestaban condenados a vivir en la miseriathe condemned cellla celda de los condenados a muertethe condemned man 1.2 (censure)Example sentences
- Needless to say, Rampersad was roundly condemned and his plan is probably gathering dust somewhere in the archives.
- Campaigners have condemned the Government's plans, with non-food pubs exempt from restrictions, as ‘half measures’.
- All such diabolic, yet cowardly actions must be severely condemned, censured and deterred with steeled resolve and equally resolute counteraction.
- 2 2.1 (declare unusable)(building)
declarar ruinoso(meat/food product)
declarar no apto para el consumoExample sentences2.2 (in US: convert to public use)
- The bridge was immediately closed, and a second opinion sought before it was officially condemned.
- After a month of operations, only two of the eight original aircraft were still operational, and even they were eventually condemned as unfit for service.
- In their opinion, the justices noted that state legislatures are free to pass laws that bar officials from condemning property for private development.
expropiar (por causa de utilidad pública)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.