Translation of condemnation in Spanish:
- 1.1 (censure) these actions deserve worldwide condemnationestas acciones merecen la condena internacionalExample sentences1.2 (sentencing) See examples:condemnation
- We ask you to add your voice to the growing chorus of condemnation of Australia's refugee program.
- Most telling about the agenda of Human Rights Watch is the joint NGO statement of condemnation regarding the Beslan terrorist massacre.
- There is much about rehearsals, interpretations, recommendations or condemnations of performers.
tosomethingcondena (feminine) aalgoExample sentences1.3 (of property)
declaración (feminine) de ruinoso(of meat, food product)1.4 (in US: of land)declaración (feminine) de no apto para el consumo
- All the time he was under condemnation at Newgate he seemed only to meditate on making his escape.
- As a result, they repeatedly solicited papal bulls condemning Jansenist works, and persecuted priests who refused formally to accept the condemnations.
- Condemnation of the serial killer has been matched by criticism of the ineffective work of the local police and school headmasters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.