Translation of conductor in Spanish:
- 1 (Music)director, (-tora) (masculine, feminine) (de orquesta)Example sentences
- I met him briefly at an after-concert reception while he was the principal conductor of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.
- Mascagni was a competent conductor of orchestral music as well as opera.
- On his first visit to Barenboim, Lang played the Tchaikovsky concerto while the conductor played the orchestra part on a second piano.
- 2 2.1 (on bus)2.2 (on train)cobrador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)(American English)revisor, (-sora) (masculine, feminine)cobrador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- The conductor sold me the ticket on the train and I got off at Burley in Wharfedale with a load of other people, all dressed in suits as I was.
- Since many commuters do not understand the BMTC's jargon of stage, often, conductors collecting the fare become the target of their ire and abuse.
- There have been calls for the operators to hire conductors because unreliable ticket machines have led to angry passengers missing trams.
- It soon became a group effort as the train conductor and other workers helped move the supplies and eased the job.
- I once had a Chief of Police write the train conductor / engineer a ticket for blocking the main drag in town.
- The assistant conductor from our train went off duty and got on 350 to go back east.
- 3 (Electricity, Physics)Example sentences
- It has a high melting point and is a good conductor of heat and electricity.
- Lead is not a good conductor of electricity, heat, sound, or vibrations.
- It is one of the best conductors of heat and electricity of all elements.
- Based in south west Scotland and south east England and operating on a national basis, we offer full lightning protection and conductor services.
- This conductor is of the same type and cross-section as the down conductor(s) of the installation.
- Examples of differing installation principles however could be shown where say other European National Standards hold roof conductors away from roof finishes, where in the UK these conductors are laid flat to the finished material.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.