- 1 [Music/Música] director, (masculine, feminine) (de orquesta)More example sentences
- I met him briefly at an after-concert reception while he was the principal conductor of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.
- Mascagni was a competent conductor of orchestral music as well as opera.
- On his first visit to Barenboim, Lang played the Tchaikovsky concerto while the conductor played the orchestra part on a second piano.
- 2 2.1 (on bus) cobrador, (m,f), guarda (mf) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) 2.2 (on train) (American English/inglés norteamericano) revisor, (m,f), cobrador, (m,f)More example sentences
More example sentences
- The conductor sold me the ticket on the train and I got off at Burley in Wharfedale with a load of other people, all dressed in suits as I was.
- Since many commuters do not understand the BMTC's jargon of stage, often, conductors collecting the fare become the target of their ire and abuse.
- He sold newspapers and worked as a bus conductor, collecting fares from the passengers.
- It soon became a group effort as the train conductor and other workers helped move the supplies and eased the job.
- I once had a Chief of Police write the train conductor / engineer a ticket for blocking the main drag in town.
- The assistant conductor from our train went off duty and got on 350 to go back east.
- 3 [Electricity/Electricidad] [Physics/Física] conductor (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- It has a high melting point and is a good conductor of heat and electricity.
- Lead is not a good conductor of electricity, heat, sound, or vibrations.
- It is one of the best conductors of heat and electricity of all elements.
- Based in south west Scotland and south east England and operating on a national basis, we offer full lightning protection and conductor services.
- This conductor is of the same type and cross-section as the down conductor(s) of the installation.
- Examples of differing installation principles however could be shown where say other European National Standards hold roof conductors away from roof finishes, where in the UK these conductors are laid flat to the finished material.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The CAP (Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica) is a course taken in Spain by graduates with degrees in subjects other than education, who want to teach at secondary level. Students take a CAP in a particular subject, such as mathematics, literature, etc.