Translation of confederate in Spanish:
- 2also: Confederate(in US history)Example sentences
- Sherman's prime targets in his famous marches were Confederate war-making resources and morale.
- One of the most effective naval blockades in history was imposed on Confederate ports by the Union Navy during the American Civil War.
- Also, if captured by Confederate troops, a Black soldier would be immediately executed or sold into slavery.
- 1 (state) the Confederates (in US history)los ConfederadosExample sentences
- He is, for example, an ardent apologist for Robert E. Lee, regarding him and other Confederates as American heroes.
- Still, Confederates struck hard at McPherson's Federals in a fierce day-long battle.
- For their part, the Confederates considered Lincoln's peace terms tantamount to unconditional surrender.
- 2 (accomplice) [literary]Example sentences
- He had also furnished me capital and was become my confederate, an accomplice in my frauds.
- It follows that awareness that one of D's confederates might commit murder is sufficient to convict D as an accomplice, with a mandatory sentence of life imprisonment.
- Seven children (four boys and three girls) served as confederates.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Cultural Note: Confederate States of America
Los once estados norteamericanos, Carolina del Norte y del Sur, Misisipi, Florida, Georgia, Luisiana, Alabama, Tejas, Virginia, Arkansas, Tennessee, que se apartaron de la Unión en 1861, provocando el comienzo de la Guerra de Secesión → Civil War (en Estados Unidos).