Translation of confederate in Spanish:
- 1.1 1.2also: Confederate(in US history)Example sentences
- Sherman's prime targets in his famous marches were Confederate war-making resources and morale.
- One of the most effective naval blockades in history was imposed on Confederate ports by the Union Navy during the American Civil War.
- Also, if captured by Confederate troops, a Black soldier would be immediately executed or sold into slavery.
- 1.1 (state) the Confederates (in US history)los ConfederadosExample sentences1.2 (accomplice) [literary]
- He is, for example, an ardent apologist for Robert E. Lee, regarding him and other Confederates as American heroes.
- Still, Confederates struck hard at McPherson's Federals in a fierce day-long battle.
- For their part, the Confederates considered Lincoln's peace terms tantamount to unconditional surrender.
- He had also furnished me capital and was become my confederate, an accomplice in my frauds.
- It follows that awareness that one of D's confederates might commit murder is sufficient to convict D as an accomplice, with a mandatory sentence of life imprisonment.
- Seven children (four boys and three girls) served as confederates.
Cultural Note: Confederate States of America
Los once estados norteamericanos, Carolina del Norte y del Sur, Misisipi, Florida, Georgia, Luisiana, Alabama, Tejas, Virginia, Arkansas, Tennessee, que se apartaron de la Unión en 1861, provocando el comienzo de la Guerra de Secesión → Civil War (en Estados Unidos).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.