Translation of confederate in Spanish:
- 1.1 1.2also: Confederate(in US history)Example sentences
- Sherman's prime targets in his famous marches were Confederate war-making resources and morale.
- One of the most effective naval blockades in history was imposed on Confederate ports by the Union Navy during the American Civil War.
- Also, if captured by Confederate troops, a Black soldier would be immediately executed or sold into slavery.
- 1.1 (state) the Confederates (in US history)1.2 (accomplice) [literary]los ConfederadosExample sentences
- He had also furnished me capital and was become my confederate, an accomplice in my frauds.
- It follows that awareness that one of D's confederates might commit murder is sufficient to convict D as an accomplice, with a mandatory sentence of life imprisonment.
- Seven children (four boys and three girls) served as confederates.
- He is, for example, an ardent apologist for Robert E. Lee, regarding him and other Confederates as American heroes.
- Still, Confederates struck hard at McPherson's Federals in a fierce day-long battle.
- For their part, the Confederates considered Lincoln's peace terms tantamount to unconditional surrender.
Cultural Note: Confederate States of America
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.