Translation of confer in Spanish:
- (bestow) (honor/title/right)conferir [formal]to confer something
onor uponsomebody/somethingconcederle algo aalguien/algoconferirle algo aalguien/algo [formal]Example sentences
- Finally, has any valuable benefit been conferred on either party?
- Chief among these is the question of whether any benefits were conferred on the generous donors.
- The ceremony in which SFU will confer the honorary degrees, will be held on the last day of the Dalai Lama's visit.
- (discuss) to confer
withsomebody ( aboutsomething)consultar (algo)she conferred with her lawyer before giving her decision conalguienantes de dar su decisión consultó con su abogadoExample sentences
- There on the road, the woman is conferring with Henry.
- ‘After conferring with my colleagues, several of them asked me to run for chair,’ he said.
- After conferring with flight controllers and three doctors who happened to be on board, the pilot decided to land in Newfoundland's capital.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.