Translation of conference in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (large assembly) congreso (masculine), conferencia (feminine) an international conference on Aids un congreso or una conferencia internacional sobre el Sida the annual party conference el congreso anual del partido a medical conference un congreso médico 1.2 c and u (meeting, discussion) conferencia (feminine) to hold a conference celebrar una conferencia to be in conference with sb estar* reunido or en reunión or [formal] en conferencia con algn conference room sala (feminine) de juntas or reuniones at the conference table en la mesa de las negociacionesExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) [Sport/Deporte] liga (feminine)
- Intended for international conferences, the convention centre will also have a business centre, a media console and an exclusive resource centre.
- As well as an ideas sharing forum the conference is also a hub for marine research and conservation and includes experts who advise zoos and aquariums how to breed endangered species in captivity.
- Let us go through an international conference to reach a convention in the United Nations.
- He contributed to the education of many of the present day mathematicians in Turkey, not only by his lectures but also through illuminating discussions in conferences and seminars.
- The seven-day fest will be enhanced by seminars, discussions and conferences.
- The Fire Brigades Union discussed at its annual conference yesterday whether to hold a ballot which could lead to walkouts within a month.
- I am tired of the strong stance that they want to take with football without helping the conference in other sports.
- That leaves seven teams scrambling for the conference's four remaining spots in the playoffs, which start April 17.
- If you weren't good enough to be one of the top six teams in your conference, you aren't deserving of going to the playoffs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.