Translation of conference in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (large assembly) an international conference on Aidsthe annual party conferenceun congreso or una conferencia internacional sobre el Sidaa medical conferenceel congreso anual del partido1.2 countable or uncountable (meeting, discussion) to hold a conferenceun congreso médicoto be in conference with somebodycelebrar una conferenciaconference roomestar reunido or en reunión or [formal] en conferencia con alguienat the conference tablesala (feminine) de juntas or reunionesen la mesa de las negociacionesExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 countable
- Intended for international conferences, the convention centre will also have a business centre, a media console and an exclusive resource centre.
- As well as an ideas sharing forum the conference is also a hub for marine research and conservation and includes experts who advise zoos and aquariums how to breed endangered species in captivity.
- Let us go through an international conference to reach a convention in the United Nations.
(especially American English) (Sport)Example sentences
- He contributed to the education of many of the present day mathematicians in Turkey, not only by his lectures but also through illuminating discussions in conferences and seminars.
- The seven-day fest will be enhanced by seminars, discussions and conferences.
- The Fire Brigades Union discussed at its annual conference yesterday whether to hold a ballot which could lead to walkouts within a month.
- I am tired of the strong stance that they want to take with football without helping the conference in other sports.
- That leaves seven teams scrambling for the conference's four remaining spots in the playoffs, which start April 17.
- If you weren't good enough to be one of the top six teams in your conference, you aren't deserving of going to the playoffs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.