- 1.1 countable/numerable (large assembly) congreso (m), conferencia (f) an international conference on Aids un congreso or una conferencia internacional sobre el Sida the annual party conference el congreso anual del partido a medical conference un congreso médico (before noun/delante del nombre) conference hall sala (feminine) de congresos or de conferencias 1.2 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (meeting, discussion) conferencia (feminine) to hold a conference celebrar una conferencia to be in conference with sb estar* reunido or en reunión or [formal] en conferencia con algn (before noun/delante del nombre) conference call teleconferencia (feminine) conference room sala (feminine) de juntas or reuniones at the conference table en la mesa de las negociacionesMore example sentences
More example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) [Sport/Deporte] liga (feminine)
- Intended for international conferences, the convention centre will also have a business centre, a media console and an exclusive resource centre.
- As well as an ideas sharing forum the conference is also a hub for marine research and conservation and includes experts who advise zoos and aquariums how to breed endangered species in captivity.
- Let us go through an international conference to reach a convention in the United Nations.
More example sentences
- He contributed to the education of many of the present day mathematicians in Turkey, not only by his lectures but also through illuminating discussions in conferences and seminars.
- The seven-day fest will be enhanced by seminars, discussions and conferences.
- The Fire Brigades Union discussed at its annual conference yesterday whether to hold a ballot which could lead to walkouts within a month.
- I am tired of the strong stance that they want to take with football without helping the conference in other sports.
- That leaves seven teams scrambling for the conference's four remaining spots in the playoffs, which start April 17.
- If you weren't good enough to be one of the top six teams in your conference, you aren't deserving of going to the playoffs.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an