Translation of confidence in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (trust, faith) confianza (feminine) it doesn't inspire confidence no inspira confianza confidence
insb/sth confianza enalgn/algo I have every/the greatest confidence in her tengo entera/absoluta confianza en ella vote of confidence/no confidence voto (masculine) de confianza/censuraExample sentences1.2 (self-confidence) confianza (feminine) en sí mismo, seguridad (feminine) en sí mismo she's full of/she lacks confidence tiene mucha/le falta confianza or seguridad en sí misma
- It does seem, however, that the loss of certainty about what America stands for is part of a broader sense of despair and loss of confidence in belief and values.
- But we'll be going there with plenty of confidence in the belief that we can get the result we want.
- They go to the heart of the public's belief and confidence in the integrity of its public representatives.
- Optimism is the ability to maintain confidence and enthusiasm and view the world positively.
- His confidence and his ability to keep one step ahead of the questions are masterful.
- Their confidence and self-assurance is indeed palpable, as is their ability to express themselves uninhibitedly.
- 2 2.1 uncountable/no numerable (confidentiality) he took her into his confidence se confió a ella I'm telling you this in confidence te lo digo en confianza send applications in confidence to … envíe su solicitud a … Se garantiza absoluta reserva or discreción in strict/strictest confidence con absoluta/la más absoluta reserva 2.2 countable/numerable (secret) confidencia (feminine) they exchanged confidences se hicieron confidenciasExample sentences
- In that stillness, the vastness of the energy touched deep seeds of consciousness in them as they trusted me with their confidences and secrets.
- And there are the autobiographical grasses, exposing old secrets and betraying ancient confidences in exchange for sales.
- The solid looking citizen with the shock of white hair always had the appearance of someone who could be trusted with confidences.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to