Translation of confidence in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (trust, faith) it doesn't inspire confidenceno inspira confianzaconfidence
insomebody/somethingconfianzaI have every/the greatest confidence in her enalguien/algotengo entera/absoluta confianza en ellavote of confidence/no confidencevoto (masculine) de confianza/censuraExample sentences1.2 (self-confidence)
confianza (feminine) en sí mismoshe's full of/she lacks confidence
- It does seem, however, that the loss of certainty about what America stands for is part of a broader sense of despair and loss of confidence in belief and values.
- But we'll be going there with plenty of confidence in the belief that we can get the result we want.
- They go to the heart of the public's belief and confidence in the integrity of its public representatives.
seguridad (feminine) en sí mismotiene mucha/le falta confianza or seguridad en sí mismaExample sentences
- Optimism is the ability to maintain confidence and enthusiasm and view the world positively.
- His confidence and his ability to keep one step ahead of the questions are masterful.
- Their confidence and self-assurance is indeed palpable, as is their ability to express themselves uninhibitedly.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (confidentiality) he took her into his confidencese confió a ellaI'm telling you this in confidencete lo digo en confianzasend applications in confidence to …envíe su solicitud a … Se garantiza absoluta reserva or discreciónin strict/strictest confidencecon absoluta/la más absoluta reserva2.2 countable (secret) they exchanged confidencesse hicieron confidenciasExample sentences
- In that stillness, the vastness of the energy touched deep seeds of consciousness in them as they trusted me with their confidences and secrets.
- And there are the autobiographical grasses, exposing old secrets and betraying ancient confidences in exchange for sales.
- The solid looking citizen with the shock of white hair always had the appearance of someone who could be trusted with confidences.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.