Translation of confident in Spanish:
- 1.1 (sure) [statement/forecast] hecho con confianza or seguridad in the confident belief o expectation that … confiando en que … I am confident that she won't disappoint us tengo (la) plena confianza de que no nos defraudará to be confident
ofsth confiar* enalgo we are confident of victory confiamos en la victoriaExample sentences1.2 (self-confident) [person] seguro de sí mismo
- He was certainly very confident that there were places where autism could be treated.
- If he is confident of a positive response from his squad then the fun is set to begin for United fans.
- While it is too early to record any positive results yet, Pam is quietly confident that it will help.
- Before we go out onto the field, he makes everyone so relaxed and confident in their own ability.
- Instead, he was too trusting, perhaps too confident in his own ability to keep everything together.
- They refused to be overawed by Brazil, and came out fully confident in their ability to win.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.