- 1.1 (sure) [statement/forecast] hecho con confianza or seguridad in the confident belief o expectation that … confiando en que … I am confident that she won't disappoint us tengo (la) plena confianza de que no nos defraudará to be confident
ofsth confiar* enalgo we are confident of victory confiamos en la victoriaMore example sentences1.2 (self-confident) [person] seguro de sí mismo
More example sentences
- He was certainly very confident that there were places where autism could be treated.
- If he is confident of a positive response from his squad then the fun is set to begin for United fans.
- While it is too early to record any positive results yet, Pam is quietly confident that it will help.
- Before we go out onto the field, he makes everyone so relaxed and confident in their own ability.
- Instead, he was too trusting, perhaps too confident in his own ability to keep everything together.
- They refused to be overawed by Brazil, and came out fully confident in their ability to win.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.