Translation of confident in Spanish:
- 1.1 (sure)(statement/forecast)in the confident belief o expectation that …hecho con confianza or seguridadI am confident that she won't disappoint usconfiando en que …to be confidenttengo (la) plena confianza de que no nos defraudará
ofsomethingwe are confident of victoryconfiar enalgoconfiamos en la victoriaExample sentences1.2 (self-confident)
(person)seguro de sí mismoExample sentences
- He was certainly very confident that there were places where autism could be treated.
- If he is confident of a positive response from his squad then the fun is set to begin for United fans.
- While it is too early to record any positive results yet, Pam is quietly confident that it will help.
- Before we go out onto the field, he makes everyone so relaxed and confident in their own ability.
- Instead, he was too trusting, perhaps too confident in his own ability to keep everything together.
- They refused to be overawed by Brazil, and came out fully confident in their ability to win.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to