Translation of confine in Spanish:
- 1 (limit, restrict)to confine something
tosomethinglimitar or restringir algoshe confines her analysis to one country aalgolimita or restringe su análisis a un paíshe confined himself to a few words of thanksse limitó a expresar unas pocas palabras de agradecimientodrug addiction is not confined to large citiesla drogadicción no afecta únicamente a las grandes ciudadesthe fire was confined to the basementel incendio se localizó en el sótano
el incendio solo afectó al sótanoExample sentences
- Considering these will strengthen the proposal by grounding it in the dynamic of an ongoing reality; failure to do so will confine its discussion to the narrow scope of the academy.
- I must confine my writing to the inside, enclose it within a perimeter, which forms a circular line, an orbit around the text.
- It needs to be planted away from buildings and underground pipes because it develops rather fat roots which are known to lift paving and crack pools if it is confined to too small a space.
- 2 (shut in, imprison)(animal)they were confined to barracks (British) (Military)
encerrarestaban retenidos en el cuartelshe is confined to a wheelchair
estaban arrestadosestá confinada a una silla de ruedashe was confined to bed for several monthstuvo que guardar cama varios mesesrain confined them to the house
estuvo postrado en cama durante varios mesesla lluvia los obligó a permanecer en la casaExample sentences
- The psychologist warned that it would be harmful to confine him in the punitive ‘management unit’ or among men in the Red 1 compound designed for ‘long-term behaviour management’.
- Instead of yelling at me, he threw me over his shoulder, strode down the main deck, and tossed me in the room I was confined in before.
- But I think it would be for the best that we wait until she is confined in a jail cell, it may be too hard to keep her under control in the open like this.
- The youngster, who is confined to a wheelchair, is unable to breathe or swallow unaided and the only parts unaffected are her brain, heart, eyes and ears.
- The boss has a daughter who is confined to a wheelchair by a psychosomatic illness.
- When she was diagnosed with MS at the age of 17, the Failsworth mother-of-two was confined to a wheelchair.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.